I was discussing the tourism industry in Nepal, tourism visa and travel requirements after covid-19 in Nepal.
Hospitality and Tourism Industry in Nepal
Nepal has taken several procedures to ensure the safety of their tourists. Several Hotels and other accommodations have implemented hygiene protocols, including increased cleaning and disinfection, to prevent the spread of the virus. They have also reduced their capacity to ensure social distancing and have implemented contactless check-in and check-out procedures. Restaurants and other tourism-related businesses have also applied similar measures to ensure the safety of their visitors.
Guidelines for tourist and their safety concern by Nepal Government
Hospitality and tourism businesses in Nepal are also subject to specific guidelines and regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The Nepalese government has issued guidelines for hotels, restaurants, and other hospitality businesses to follow, including:
- Conducting regular temperature checks of staff and guests
- Providing hand sanitising stations throughout the property
- Encouraging social distancing among guests and staff
- Increasing cleaning and disinfecting protocols
- Limiting the number of guests per room or table to ensure social distancing
- Providing staff with personal protective equipment, including masks and gloves
- Encouraging guests to use contactless payment options
The requirements and restrictions for procurement of a tourist visa may be different depending on the country's presence visited and the nationality of the traveller. Therefore, nepali Visas are provided on arrival by nepali department of immigration on stay no more 150 days in a given calendar year hence, there is certain time for the days incensements like tourist can extend their visa for 15,30 and 90 days only if the Department of Immigration office in Kathmandu agree with it .
After covid -19 there are enormous effects on the tourism industry. The country being locked down and travel restrictions in place the tourist of Nepal and other countries cannot travel and has suffered a significant obstacle. Therefore, the country slowly gets better, Nepal has restarted its boundaries to tourists, and there are opportunities for travellers to explore different beautiful places and the miraculous culture of the country once again. The Nepal government has executed some security measures after the pandemic.
Tourist visa and Nepal government visa requirements
Nepal Government has implemented various visa requirements for all the travelers are as follows (Immigration Nepal, 2023):
- Tourist visa is necessary for the international tourist who wants to visit Nepal before arrival.
- Applicants must enter Nepal within six months from the visa issue date and visa is counted starting from the day tourist enter in Nepal.
- After pandemic ,currently travellers can apply tourist visa online and its make travellers easier and more suitable
- The applicant can pay the visa fee online on the Nepal immigration website (https://www.immigration.gov.np/page/tourist-visa).
- After submitting the application, travellers will receive a confirmation email, and their visa will be processed within three business days.
Tourist Visitor must know about
On arrival visa fee at entry points
- 15 days-30 USD
- 30 days-50 USD
- 90 days-125 USD
Visa extension fee
- Minimum 15 days with USD 45 and USD 3 per day for extra days.
- Delay less than 150 days extra USD 5 per day as late fine (Immigration Nepal, 2023).
COVID-19 Regulations of Nepal
To ensure the safety of both tourists and locals, Nepal has implemented several COVID-19 regulations for tourists.
- Travellers must obtain a negative PCR test result within 72 hours of their arrival in Nepal.
- Upon arrival, they will be required to go through a health screening and quarantine for seven days in a hotel or other chosen facility.
- Currently in Nepal there are no COVID-19 restrictions for fully vaccinated travellers and no longer need a pre-departure COVID-19 (PCR) test to enter Nepal. However the traveller needs to present a vaccination certificate on arrival.
Most places to be travelled by tourist
- Pokhara Pokhara is home to numerous ethnic groups, including the Gurung, Magar, and Thakali people. Visitors can discover their culture and traditions by visiting local villages and attending cultural events. Pokhara is a famous tourist destination in Nepal recognized for its natural beauty and adventure activities. Pokhara is famous for lakes. There are so many lakes like Phewa Lake, Rupa Lake and Begnas Lake. Tourists can enjoy boating and fishing. Generally International tourists go there for the Annapurna mountain trek and enjoy various adventure activities such as paragliding, bungee jumping, zip-lining, and white-water rafting.
- Lumbini Lumbini is a popular tourist destination in Nepal located in the southern Terai plains. It is known as the birthplace of Siddhartha Gautama, who later became Buddha. Lumbini is a pilgrimage site for Buddhists and attracts millions of tourists every year. The main attraction of Lumbini is the Maya Devi Temple, which is built on the exact spot where Buddha was born. Other attractions include the Ashoka Pillar, the Sacred Garden, and the Lumbini Museum.
- Taplejung Taplejung is a district in the northeastern part of Nepal and is a popular tourist destination for trekking and mountaineering. It is home to some of the highest peaks in the world, including Mount Kanchenjunga, the third-highest mountain in the world. Trekking to Kanchenjunga Base Camp and Pathivara temple is a popular activity in Taplejung, and the district is also known for its beautiful landscapes, longest waterfalls, and hot springs. The popular foods in Taplejung are Gundruk,Tongba,Churpi,yak meat,chyang ect.
- Manang Manang is a popular tourist destination located in the Annapurna region of Nepal. It is a popular stopover for trekkers on the Annapurna Circuit, which is considered one of the best treks in the world. Manang is known for its stunning views of the Himalayas, including Annapurna, Gangapurna, and Tilicho Peak. Other attractions in Manang include the Manang Monastery, the Gangapurna Lake, and the Ice Lake.
- Muktinath Muktinath is a popular pilgrimage site for Hindus and Buddhists located in the Mustang district of Nepal. It is known for its sanctified temple, which is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and is one of the 108 Vaishnava shrines. Muktinath is also known for its hot springs, which are believed to have medicinal properties. Trekking to Muktinath is a popular activity, and the journey is considered a spiritual experience.
Opportunities for Travelers in Nepal
Nepal remains a popular travel destination for tourists even though the challenges posed by the pandemic. The country has a rich culture and history, and its natural beauty is incomparable. Therefore, after a pandemic with fewer travellers visited ,travellers have the opportunities to explore the beautiful country attractions with less crowds and can take advantage of cheap prices for accommodations from many hotels and other tourism related services.
The pandemic has had a significant impact on the hospitality and tourism industry in Nepal. However, as the country slowly recovers, it has revived its borders to tourists, offering them the opportunity to experience the beauty and different culture of Nepal over again. Tourists must be conscious of the new visa requirements and COVID-19 regulations when planning their journey. While the industry has taken measures to ensure the safety of their visitors, travellers must also take responsibility and follow the guidelines to ensure a safe and enjoyable trip.